We set aside much-needed housing for the homeless in the form of Single Resident Occupancy units (SRO) at two of our locations. These units are for homeless adults who live alone.
- Completed homeless verification form
- Most of these units will require you to meet Section 8 guidelines
- Sex offenders with lifetime registration requirements are ineligible.
- Those with criminal convictions--particularly those that are related to drugs or violence--will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Application Process (This program has a lengthy waiting list):
- Call us at 726-2696, ext. 133 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available Monday through Friday. On the day of your appointment, fill out your housing application.
- All housing appointments are held at 822 Woodland Street; Nashville, TN 37206. There is a $10 application fee and a $50 non-refundable reservation fee payable by money order only. If applying for a Section 8 voucher, you will meet with one of our leasing consultants and bring the following documents with you:
- photo ID
- proof of all income in the household
- name, address, and fax number of all your household’s employers; they will verify length of employment and your rate of pay
- if applicable, proof of Social Security/Disability benefits (printout from Social Security office not more than 60 days old)
- if applicable, proof of AFDC income
- if applicable, child support printout
- all other income that any family member receives (checks or pay stubs not accepted as proof)
- birth certificates for all household members
- Social Security cards for all household members; Form I-94 or green cards, if born outside the USA
- photo ID for all adults in the household
- if applicable, proof of childcare expenses/daycare receipts
- if applicable, custody papers/verification for all minor children
- recent bank account statements (checking, savings, and other assets)
- homeless verification
- T.B. skin test (no older than 9 months)
- If Urban Housing Solutions approves you, you will receive a letter and an appointment will be set to complete your Section 8 paperwork. We will submit these papers to MDHA.
- You will be notified of and attend an MDHA briefing with our leasing consultant.
We will notify you as soon as MDHA tells us that your apartment passed inspection. Your 1st month’s rent and security deposit will be due to Urban Housing Solutions at move-in.